AN OUTWARD EXPRESSION OF AN INWARD DECISION
Who Should be Baptized?
Christians believe that the blood of Jesus Christ, shed on the cross, provides the sole basis for the forgiveness of sin. Therefore, salvation occurs only when a person places his or her faith in the death and resurrection of Christ as the sufficient payment for his or her sin. If you have accepted Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior, then you are ready to be baptized. Just like a bride and groom show others their love for one another by wearing wedding bands, your baptism is your opportunity to show others that you have accepted Christ and are now walking with Him.
Click here to learn more about how to begin a personal relationship with Jesus Christ.
What Baptism Symbolizes
Baptism is a way of showing others that you have entered into a relationship with Jesus Christ. It symbolizes what took place in your heart at the time of salvation:
- You've accepted Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior.
- You were washed clean and your sins were forgiven by Jesus' death on the cross.
- You share in His death and resurrection, illustrated by going under the water (dead to your old life), then rising again (into new life).
Because Jesus instructed us to be baptized, baptism is an act of obedience. While it is not necessary for salvation, baptism demonstrates our submission to God. We immerse at Oakbrook because we believe Scripture shows that Jesus modeled that for us as the way to publicly acknowledge our faith in Him.
WANT TO GET BAPTIZED?
The Baptism Process:
1. Find Jesus (Have a question about Jesus?)
2. Click the Buttom Below to complete a Sign Up Form
3. Tell Us Your Story Someone on staff will contact you shortly to meet you and learn what God is doing in your life!
4. Shoot Your Video After you meet with someone on staff, you'll have a video shoot scheduled. We capture each person's story so that the whole church can hear about what God is doing in our midst!
5. Get Baptized Baptisms take place on Sundays during our weekend worship experience and will include a showing of your pre-recorded video. There's no need to "wait" for a specific Sunday. We want you to get baptized as soon as you're ready!